Hello All:
I listened to an interesting Podcast this morning while getting ready for the day on how our brutal (and often early) winters are decided. While listening, the concept of snow and winter was so foreign to me. Living in the valley of Arizona, I've been faced with afternoon commute temperatures hovering 120 degrees. I'm sure that this sort of temperature really pushes the design limits of my poor car. As for Winter, I won't see it. In January, it'll be beautiful weather in Arizona. But in many other places around the globe Winter is on the way. Will it be early this year?
When we think of weather and extreme conditions, we are conditioned to think of things like carbon emissions, global warming and melting glaciers... "If things don't change with the environment, I'm going to glue myself to the airstrip of a major airport and set myself on fire... Be sure to vote for the next Karl Marx so that half the country can finally be government funded transvestites and they can put THC in our drinking water!"
But, seriously! What causes a brutal winter that seems to drag on? Today's Podcast dives into some fascinating material that might initially seem like folklore and old wives tales. But , it's pure physics; all things proven to be scientifically accurate. With the approach of Winter not too far off, let's watch and wait to see if we have an early snowfall and test how true all of this is. Be sure to give the Podcast a listen.
| Listen to Tibetan Snow Dictates Winter |

No comments:
Post a Comment