Saturday, October 10, 2026

Thermal Dynamics of Space

 Hello All:

It's video Saturday and I share a topic that was inspired by a recent plane trip back home. Most people watch movies on the LCD screens in the seat in front of them. Not me! I like to observe the flight and check the various stats such as speed, altitude and tail wind. Suddenly, I looked at the temperature at thirty thousand feet. We were somewhere around -50 degrees Fahrenheit! I've always known that it's cold up there. But, suddenly, I couldn't help but wonder what temperature's were like out in deep space.

After my research, I can only say I have more questions than answers. Is deep space travel really possible? If it drains a source of its heat, how can occupants in a star ship stay warm? Even a plasma galaxy of over a million degrees has no effect on the surrounding space. I'll let you decide with today's video. It's a little deep in some portions, but it remains easy to understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment